How to Avoid Probate for Everyone
Protecting Your Estate for Your Loved Ones
Ronald Farrington Sharp
Learn how to prepare your estate and avoid costly mistakes
Want to avoid probate? Gleaned from his forty-four years as an estate attorney, Sharp describes the probate process and the many reasons why it should be your last resort in estate settlement methods in How to Avoid Probate for Everyone. Living trusts are important, but there are many alternatives to using a living trust for probate avoidance. These alternatives are explained step-by-step as Sharp delves into the details. Examples of such approaches include:
- While state laws vary, most allow for expedited procedures for low-value estates without having to create a trust.
- There are a dozen different ways of leaving assets to heirs automatically at death.
- Special types of deeds allow you to keep control of your real estate during lifetime yet transfer it to heirs automatically at death.
- There are several ways of titling vehicles that allow heirs to get them without court procedures.
- Beneficiary designations on bank and investment accounts keep them out of your probate estate.
- Joint ownership of accounts and real estate can solve inheritance problems.
- Common myths and misconceptions about estates and probate are debunked.